Searching for the right home for you
How do you find out about homes on the market? There are many ways to locate potential homes. When you work with an agent who understands the area that best fits your needs, we, as a team, will be able to locate the "best" home faster. The following are several different ways that you can find out about homes for sale.
- Ads in the "Kansas City Star"
- Ads in your local area paper
- The local Homes Magazine(s)
- Signs in yards
All of the above sources provide information on homes for sale.
Unfortunately, not all of the homes you find this way will still be for sale when you start your search. One of the nice things about working with a buyer's agent is that they can refine your search, and all available listings are at their fingertips. A buyer's agent can provide you with the most up-to-date information.
- The Internet - There are many web sites available for home searching. Here are a few we recommend:
- • This site (www.kcweber.com - all local listings)
- • www.Realtor.com (largest real estate site in the US)
- If you wish, youcan use My Portal, and it will e-mail you new listings that meet your search criteria as they come on the market.
- Open Houses - most open houses are on Sunday, with an occasional one on Saturday. Remember, the agent at the open house is representing the seller.) And remember to be careful what you say to the seller's agent. You don't want to accidentally say something to give the seller an advantage if you decide to make an offer on the home.
- New Homes Communities - most new homes are open daily. If you visit one without your buyer's agent, please tell them you are represented by a buyer's agent. (Again remember, the agent at the model home is representing the seller.)
Remember, the buyer's agent is there to work in your best interests.